Andy's Kitchen- Corpus Christi Edition

On our last day in Corpus, we visited a mom and pop type of place called Andy's Kitchen.  From what I can tell, it's mostly a breakfast place, specializing in "regular" American breakfasty stuffs and Mexican breakfast foods also.  It's all wood on the inside, with trains going around, memorabilia on the walls, and the employees all had on Happy New Year hats.  It's the one place we went where people used a Texas twang, and it felt a little bit country.
The best thing about Andy's Kitchen was that they serve you blueberry muffins (with cinnamon sugar on top!) instead of boring bread while you are waiting on your meal.  Those muffins, yum. I'd go back just for them.  And honestly after I had two of them,I wasn't really hungry for the rest of the meal.

The menu is large.  The prices are cheap.  The food is on the mediocre side.  At least what I ordered.  I got the two egg breakfast, which is two eggs, hash browns and biscuit (they bring you out another basket) all for $4.00.  Andy ordered the breakfast burrito.
The biscuits were buttery and good (they gave us so many, I took some home and eat them the next day).  I should have gotten sausage gravy to go on top.  The only down side was the eggs and hash browns were bland.  Like I needed to add alot of seasoning.
If you want an at home feel, lots of food for the price, then this is a place to go.  Just know that you may have to add hot sauce to your meal.





Comments

Popular Posts