Quenelle

Location: Burbank near Magnolia Park.
Andy and I recently moved into a new apartment.  It has been a chore trying to get all new furniture for the place.  Our goal this morning was to buy dining room chairs.  That did not happen.  But what did happen was I got to try out an ice cream place I recently discovered called Quenelle.


I honestly had no clue what to expect but this place was better than expected.  Quenelle sells ice cream, cookies, popsicles, and cool topping for the ice cream like mochi (and funny flavors like pickle).

What I liked best is that they had non dairy options.  Always a positive in my world.  I decided to try the white grape white peach chile lime.  I added a blueberry snickledoodle to the order.  I could have just been hungry but by golly that was some good ice cream (sorbet technically).  I admit the flavor was a little weird, but it was delicious.  The snickerdoodle was also great, soft and flavorful, which is all I ask for in a cookie.

Andy ordered sriracha cream cheese Popsicle.  I gave it a taste.  Let me tell you it was weird.  Not gross, but weird.  He ate the whole thing, so obviously it wasn't bad.  Quenelle is a place to check out if you are tired of the same old ice cream and want some adventure in your life.  Give it a chance, you could be surprised.

https://www.facebook.com/quenellespoon

Comments

Popular Posts