Rice by Mama- Ventura Edition

Andy and I decided to take the PCH and drive up the coast.  It was a gorgeous day to just watch the beach.  We ended up in Ventura and decided to walk up and down Main St. until we found a spot to check out.  I have a huge love of thai food so that's where we ended up.

Rice by Mama is a little thai restaurant, the staff is friendly though different waiters waited on us (they may be a bit disorganized), but no mistakes were made.  We started off with an appetizer of Rotti with yellow curry (thai style crepes with curry).  These were yummy and I found out that Daenerys likes yellow curry!  (Sorry if the pictures aren't the greatest, but the baby was trying to grab things).
For our main meal, we both ordered off the special menu, mainly because we've had most "normal" thai foods and wanted to try something different.  I got the Khao poi which was basically egg noodles,with yellow curry, and fried crisps on top, rice came as a side.  Andy ordered Sunshine Pork, crispy marinated pork, with rice, and spicy sauce.  He said it was slightly sweet, but  somewhat plain.  My dish was awesome.  I loved it.  I'm so glad I could only eat half of it so I can have it for lunch tomorrow!  I'd recommend this place.  I say stick with the curries, but the dishes are worth eating and the portions are pretty large.
http://www.ricebymama.com/menu




Comments

Popular Posts