The Sunset

Location: Malibu off of Pointe Dume
http://www.thesunsetrestaurant.com/

For my birthday, Andy took me on a wine tour.  As part of that tour, we had lunch at a little restaurant right next to the beach in Malibu.  You can literally just walk across the way to the beach.  The sunset is a medium scale restaurant, nothing super fancy. It mostly has seafood fare, but does have a brunch menu on the weekends.  Our tour guide said that sometimes it's a good place to celeb watch, if you are interested in that.

I ordered the lobster sandwich which comes with sweet potatoes fries.  I hate to say I was a little disappointed in my sandwich.  I'd never had a lobster sandwich, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was similar to a chicken salad sandwich.  The fries were good though.  Andy ordered the seafood risotto.  It had a creamy tomato sauce and lots of different seafood including mussels and octopus. OMG, it was so yummy.  I wished I ordered that dish because it was delish.  Obviously this restaurant can do some dishes right,  The atmosphere is really great and it's almost worth it just to be by the beach.



Comments

Popular Posts