Marmalade

Location: Sherman Oaks
After spending an hour waiting for our 9am appt at DPSS, to talk to the worker for all of 5 mins (an issue with covered CA saying we weren't citizens, great job government), we decided to go out to breakfast.  LA has lots of great breakfast spots, and we're not normally into chains, but as chains go, Marmalade is one we are willing to visit.  There are several locations of Marmalade including one in Calabasas and Malibu.  It is a nice place which, if you go to on a weekday, won't be busy (weekends usually means wait time).   You can get both regular breakfasty type of foods and things that are more creative.
On this visit I decided to try something different than my usual fare of french toast and eggs.  I ordered their biscuit and sausage gravy benedict.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I was not disappointed.  The biscuit was decent, the gravy was tasty, the only down side was the egg was a bit bland, but it didn't take away from the meal's appeal.  It's something I'd order again and if you are looking for a southern style breakfast with a twist, I say check it out.   Marmalade gives out coupons to it's members, we got $8 off our entrees (and two juices), so the meal was relatively cheap (like $26 plus tip).

                                                                marmaladecafe.com

Comments

Popular Posts