2 Good Veggie Kitchen

Location: North Hollywood near Universal City

2 Good Veggie Kitchen is a new Vegan spot that just opened up that's about cooking good tasting Vegan food.  It's an area of town that probably doesn't get much foot traffic.  The place is clean and inviting.  They were having a special event where proceeds go to the T. J. Martell foundation.  If you don't know me, I love me some charity and supporting them.  I thought this would be a great time to check out the restaurant and see what it was all about.
There was a nice little crowd due to the radio station being there and the hype related to the event.  I was excited to check out some vegan food also.  We just got back from visiting Andy's sister whose vegan and we had some decent food at her house.
I'm going to give this place some slack because I know they've only been open 2 weeks or so.  And today may have been more busy then they were used to, but here's my experience.
I ordered the special of the day (one of them) of a marinated shrimp wrap with fries.  Andy ordered lasagna, pictured below.  The first problem was that the making of the food was very slow, took about 20 mins to get my wrap, in which they gave me reg fries and not sweet potato like I asked for.  The wrap itself tasted decent but not great.  There was too much lettuce and not enough veggie variety.  If you're going to be a veggie place, I want variety, not just "shrimp", lettuce,and tomatoes.  The lemonade was good though.  Andy ordered the apple pucker juice which was really good, but expensive ($7).  Andy's lasagna tasted pretty good considered it was veggie, the only problem was that it took him over 30 mins to get it.  I think they "forgot" about his order, some how there was a mix up between ordering and getting.  The table next to ours also didn't get their order, and there was another fry mix up.  They were willing to correct it, but it was too many different things.
That's it for now.  I figure this place is brand spanking new and they haven't worked out their kinks yet.  If they want to stay in the running, they'll have to get all the little things figured out so that they can concentrate on what matters, and that's the food. I would recommend going to this place if you have time to wait around or if you go during a non-rush hour time.  My suggestion is to wait a bit for them to get themselves together and then check them out if you so choose.   I really hope they get all the kinks figured out since there aren't that many vegan places that have lots of options and different kinds of options.
https://www.facebook.com/2goodveggie/

Comments

Popular Posts