Mac-O-Licious

Mac-o-licious is a little locally owned restaurant in the heart of Valley Village.  I've been there several times due to the fact it used to be around the corner from my old place.  
The idea is that you can get home baked or stove made mac like your mom or grandma used to make; comfort food at it's best.  It's a place I've been to more than once, so I obviously don't hate it.  I do find the original mac to be a bit disappointing, like I could make it better at home(or Andy could). But, it's worth it to check out their more palette friendly varieties like the Maine Mac, which is mac with lobster, or American Mac, which is mac with bacon and asparagus. 
The biggest complaint people have is that it's expensive compared to portion size.  My suggestion is to go during the lunch special because the portion is large, it includes mac, cornbread, and either a meat or veggie for around $11.50.  It's not a place I would go out of my way to go to, but if you're in the area and want some good old fashioned southern comfort food, this is a place to check out.

www.macolicious.com

Comments

Popular Posts