Welcome to the Barcelos.

Today has been a busy day.  We closed on one property.  We got to drive to the pretty side of town, have fresh baked cookies and water with cucumber and raspberries in it.  We signed the dotted lines for a property the Catholic Church purchased back in 1925 for only $1.  We plan to make a community Garden with it.
To make a long story short, my family and I just moved from Los Angeles to New Orleans.  A husband, a kid, a dog, and a cat.  The cat wasn't very happy about the move.  Though to be honest, I'm not sure I was too.  My husband was a happy, smiling person for the whole first week.  He was excited for our new adventure.  These days he's like a fussy bear.  I guess the newness has worn off. Our business bought two different duplexes.  So four homes all together.  It's New Orleans.  If you haven't been here, there are abandoned houses galore in the poorer areas mostly left over from Katrina.  We plan to come in and flip them.  We are starting with the two we just one.  One was in livable condition, so we're making some changes on it, to update and get termite damage fixed, that kind of thing.  It's been a ride.  The crew is working so slow, we are living off of air mattresses, and have had no kitchen for almost 3 weeks.  It's getting to us.  The kid though.  She's loving it.  Figures.
The other house was almost completely rotted through when we bought it.  It's been gutted, and is now getting reframed.  If you go to my Instagram (instagram.com/xlordashx).  I do show updates in my stories.
I'm starting up this blog again to chronicle not just the places I eat.  But the experiences we are hoping to make in this New Orleans adventure.  We travel alot.  We plan to start up an Amazon wholesale business.  And who knows what else we'll think of.  We really want to live a fullfilling and happy life that isn't tied down to 9-5.  I hope you will be on this journey with us.

My daughter, Daenerys, is also an Instagram Brand Rep, so you may see lots of product photos too! I love doing random acts of kindness and I love being a support to people who are looking to fulfill their dreams.  A voice, an ear, a push, whatever.

Comments

Popular Posts