You, Yes You.

I was going to write a blog post on potty training.  That is a task we are attempting to conquer with minimal success and since I am a mom, why not talk about mom stuffs.  But really, it isn't the most pressing thing in my life, nor to I think about it much.  Before having a child, I used to think about things over and over, to a level where, how could you be happy if you are dissecting everything?  

These days I barely have time to think about anything too long.  I feel like I've been living in an alternate dimension for the last 4 years. Four years ago, I took the Landmark Forum.  Say what you say about Landmark, it was the first time anyone said to me, you can imagine a possibility and get it. I was so used to making excuses for why my life was the way it was, and not taking responsibility for it.  If there was something going on in my life that I didn't like, why not take the initiative to change it.   That week after Landmark was one of the hardest in my life at that time.  I literally wrote emails and letters to my parents, to a few relatives, friends, my old supervisor. It was hard to do all of that at one time, and no life didn't change right away, but I worked on things for the rest of that year, and I became a different person.  I became a person who did not hide things that were bothering me, to figuring out a way to talk about things.  I'm not perfect these days, but I am a person who knows that if something has hurt me or feels bad, that I need to figure out how to handle it and not just push it away (or hope it away).

I'm writing this for you to know that you do have control over your life.  Sometimes you may have to sit down and write down your goals, your wants, your wishes, your what you needs.  Figure out what is working for you and areas where things aren't.  Don't be afraid to talk to your boss. Or you friend.  Your doctor.  Your therapist.  Whoever.  You deserve the best for you.

Comments

Popular Posts