When it rains, it pours

My life is turning into a reality series.  Really though, I think ever since I met Andy, my life has been a bit wonky.  Then his motor cycle accident happened and it's been down the rabbit hole ever since. 
One of the latest developments is that our company is going to be sued by the state of Louisiana for this property we bought back in October.  We bought a NORA property, and based on the paper work, you are supposed to have a year to build on it. Well, we thought we had a year to build, apparently, the original owner had a year to build and didn't, he sold the property.  That put the property in a penalty and because of that, the state is suing the owner.  Hence us.  We technically had 180 days to build but Andy's funds ran out to build a whole new property and he decided to sell it, and that's how we found out all of this.  It's nuts.  So now, we're going to try to sell it, so that the new owner will have 180 days to build on it.  Or else, I'm not sure what will happen.  It's frustrating because no one can really tell you what to do.  They just pass the buck to person to person and we're left trying to figure it all out. 

To drown out this mess, there is a gun man on the loose in the neighborhood now and the street is blocked off.  I just shake my head.  I hope it's not awful once we move in.

Comments

Popular Posts