Friday blues

This week has been a struggle.  It's a mix of post vacation blues and the learning curve of starting a new business.  I was a little nervous about going on our vacation.  I wasn't sure about those middle states and I didn't even know what to imagine about Canada.  The trip ended up being wonderful.  Getting to experience so many different places, which all have their different vibes, and different beauties (and uglies) was a great thing. It was a great experience to have and definitely something I suggest everyone to do at some point, just to explore you own country and understand it better!

We decided coming back to Nola that we would give this city a real chance.  That deal was made with high hopes coming off of our vacation.  Here I am, Five days in, and I am ready to throw that out the window.  After 2 months, I finally have my DBA paper work so that I can sell on Amazon.  Getting the DBA (in the midst of so many paperwork obstacles from Legal Zoom), I thought would be the hard part.  WRONG.  Registering for a business in LA took all day yesterday due to an address mistake (and an unhelpful county worker) and then setting up a bank account which also took 2 hours.  It was a super long day.  Today it has taken us multiple tries and websites to register my business for the state.  Now I just have to wait to get a resale license and figure out all the Amazon nonsense starting off with they won't let me sell until I can show a bank statement.  I just opened my account, I have no statements!  Argh!  It's all one step at a time I guess.

On the garden front, the city wants us to draw out a whole map of our garden before they will give us permission to put in a fence or water or power.  Yay to bureaucracy.  It's like no wonder Nola is a food dessert and a business desert.  They make it soooo hard to start any business up.  IN Los Angeles, you can do it all online and it's all connected.  I thought Republican meant business friendly, but nope.

Here's to today being the start of the weekend, to things flowing better next week, and to remember that good things don't always come easy.

Comments

Popular Posts