Let's get this party started (revised plan of action for revitalizing a small town)

We bought a building.  In 3 weeks time, we saw a building, put the offer in, and now on closing day, here we are. You know, when I was making up a way to put commerce into a dying town, I had made buying the building my 5 year plan.  I figured the amount of money to be able to buy the building, it would take years to save.  You know though, sometimes you put an idea into the universe and the universe answers.  I don't know how we'll pay for the repairs, but securing the building is the first step.  After that, we can figure it out.  Now fixing the building is my 5 year plan! 

This is my plan so far in what we can use the space for.  It's revised from my hypothetical idea since we are basing it on this town and what we've seen so far. 
This building has 3 stories.  The first level is divided into 3 different spaces with 3 different addresses.  They were office spaces.  We're going to change them into, an space for lease, to give someone else an opportunity to have a business, a country market type of place since there are no grocery stores in that town, and then another space that we may use to run our Amazon business. 
The second story we plan to make into 3 separate Airbnbs.  I haven't decided if it will be mini apartments or more like a boutique hotel look.   I have time to figure all of that out.
The 3rd store right now is a big open space.  No clue what we plan to do with that.  I do want a meeting space to do classes in that town, but otherwise we haven't decided what to do.  We might still decide to do a call center, or something else.  I know I want whatever it is to provide some jobs.  The market will provide a few jobs, and so will the Airbnb and Amazon if we decide to do it there.  Not as many jobs as I had wanted, but I'm hoping that as we expand and get ideas, we'll be able to hire more people. 
We might have to buy a plot of land to use for parking since it's limited in that area.  If we do that, maybe we'll bring out farmer's market to that town too. Gotta find ways to get people to visit! We're going to think up different ideas and feel free to message me any ideas you may have.  


Comments

Popular Posts