January real estate update

We survived Q4!  I'm so glad that it's done.  We didn't do as well as I hoped, but I was able to buy a new camera with our profit.  Probably not the best way to spend the money, but I sometimes you have to do things for yourself!  I finally got the 5D I've been wanting for a decade.  Y'all, It was worth every penny.  I love it!
This year is all about being more organized and making all those strides we didn't make last year because I was pregnant and not feeling well.  One of the biggest undertakings we will be doing this year is purchasing another property.  As I had mentioned a few months ago, figuring out the way to get financing for this has been a bit of a wall for us.  But we decided to move forward.  We saw one property that was just a dump.  But I found another property last weekend that was Ashley heaven, only we aren't able to get it because we can't qualify for the commercial financing right now.  We met with a mortgage lender though, and we will be setting up our taxes, so that moving forward, we will hopefully be able get that commercial property one day! For now, we'll focus on getting another multifamily unit.  The biggest thing I can say is, if you are wanting to invest in real estate, find someone who specializes in it.  We met with several banks last year and they were no help, with this company that our new real estate agent told us to talk to, actually has someone that can help us on staff.  We are out of the box people when it comes to taxes because of all of our businesses and stuff, so having someone who is like, look, this is what you need to do, was a breath of fresh air.  It's a way we can move forward and get those properties we want to get. 

Comments

Popular Posts